The Goffstown Police Department would like to remind motorists of the annual Halloween Parade on Friday, October 29th, 2010. The parade will kick off from the Maple Ave. School at 1:00PM, weather dependant.
Motorists should avoid the area of Main Street, Elm Street and South Mast Road due to the parade. The Goffstown Police anticipate traffic being stopped for approximately forty-five minutes as students participating in the parade make their way back to the school.
The Goffstown Police Department will be conducting traffic control to assist in rerouting traffic where available. If travel during those times is a must, please consider an alternate route through town. Anyone with questions is urged to contact Lieutenant Robert Browne at 497-4858 or at www.goffstownpolice.com .
Dunbarton: Sunday, October 31 5 pm to 8 pm
New Boston: Sunday, October 31 Costume Party and Parade, 4 pm to 6 pm; Trick or Treat 6 pm to 8 pm
Weare: Sunday, October 31 5 pm to 8 pm
The New Hampshire state fire marshal offers these tips to follow to ensure everyone has a happy and safe Halloween:
- Children should carry a flashlight.
- Costumes should be bright or have reflective tape to highlight them.
- Pointed objects such as swords and devils' forks should be made of soft material.
- Costumes should not have trailing material or tails long enough to cause falls.
- Children should wear sturdy shoes and temperature appropriate clothing under their costumes.
- Small children should trick-or-treat with an adult.
- Only approach houses where the outside lights are on as a signal of welcome.
- Cover one side of the street at a time.
- Never go inside a stranger's home.
- Keep pathways to homes well lit and clear of debris so chldren don't trip.
- Parents should check all treats and throw away anything that appears tampered with or homemade.